Design Development




Having my outfit finalised, I have refined my toiles until I believe it matches the design I want to create. 
This meant I made 3 jersey titles, 5 outwear jackets and 4 trouser toiles. I have also made more 8 samples from pocket to trailing embroidery on different fabrics. I have really enjoyed this process as it's exciting seeing my design go from 2D to 3D. 

Area's I found difficult in Toiles:
  • Refining the overall shape of my coat. 
  • Lowering the armhole the correct amount (I kept doing either too much or not enough).
  • Producing a collar on my jersey that didn't flare outwards/ away from the neck.
  • Sewing jersey that had a large amount of stretch in it.

Area's I succeed in:
  • After not being confident on industry sewing machine in first year I now prefer using them to my own machine! I have discovered what machines need what amount of pressure on the foot pedal.
  • Understanding construction of tailoring in pattern cutting.
  • being able to chose appropriate fabric for certain design ideas. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Diary

Linda Leaver

Digital Presence - LinkedIn