Embroidery / plastic workshop for details

I consider making rubber coated toggles for our zip pulls so I booked onto a casting and moulding workshop at my university. Thought i learnt a lot on this work and found it extremely interesting the actual result of my rope and plastic toggle dipped into plastic wasn't as successful as i'd hope. From hanging the toggle to dry it meant all the plastic ran off the toggle creating a very abstract piece. This technique wasn't refined enough for our collection to we decided to move on from the idea.

Branding is a very strong element of our collection. We decided to continue this idea by exploring embroidery in our collection. From my market research, it was clear that branding on collars and sleeves were extremely popular to I trailed some embroidery of our logo to sizes that would work for this placement areas. It was hugely successful and I have decided to use it on my final outerwear piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Diary

Linda Leaver

Digital Presence - LinkedIn